- Short answer: Hickory Nut Mountain Campground
- How to Make the Most out of Your Stay at Hickory Nut Mountain Campground
- Step-by-Step: Finding the Perfect Campsite at Hickory Nut Mountain Campground
- Hickory Nut Mountain Campground FAQ: Everything You Need to Know Before You Go
- Top 5 Facts About Hickory Nut Mountain Campground That Will Make You Want to Visit Now
- Exploring the Natural Wonders of Hickory Nut Mountain Campground and Surrounding Areas
- Beyond Camping: Other Fun Activities to Do While Staying at Hickory Nut Mountain Campground
- Table with useful data:
- Historical fact:
Short answer: Hickory Nut Mountain Campground
Hickory Nut Mountain Campground is a forested, family-friendly campground located in the Adirondack Mountains in northern New York state. The camp offers a range of site options for tents, RVs and cabins, with swimming and fishing available on site. Hiking trails in nearby forests offer scenic views of surrounding mountains.
How to Make the Most out of Your Stay at Hickory Nut Mountain Campground
If you are looking for the ultimate camping experience in North Carolina, you can’t go wrong with Hickory Nut Mountain Campground! Nestled in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, this beautiful and pristine campground provides everything you need to have an unforgettable outdoor adventure.
Whether you are a seasoned camper or a newbie, there are plenty of things to do here to keep you entertained. From hiking trails and fishing spots to swimming pools and playgrounds, Hickory Nut Mountain Campground offers something for everyone.
Here are some tips on how to make the most out of your stay at this fantastic campground:
1. Choose Your Campsite Wisely: With over 200 campsites available, it’s important to choose one that suits your needs. Whether it’s a site near the lake or one with shade trees, consider what amenities you want before picking out your spot.
2. Explore The Trails: With miles of hiking trails winding through the forests and mountains surrounding Hickory Nut Mountain Campground, be sure to take advantage of them! Not only will you get some exercise but also enjoy breathtaking views along the way.
3. Go Fishing: Hook up some bait lines and try catching some trout in Broad River or Lake Lure which surrounds by magnificent mountains is full of fish including Bluegill Sunfish Channel Catfish Black Crappie Rainbow Trout Brown Trout Brook Trout Yellow Perch.. Fishing licenses can be purchased at nearby outfitters or online beforehand.
4. Join Activities: During peak season (mid-May through early September), Hickory Nut Mountain Campground provides organized activities like movie nights under the stars and bingo for extra fun.
5. Relax & Soak up Nature: When all else fails sometimes is better just doing nothing with peace while reading; book a cabin overlooking Rocky Broad River – quiet sitting area awaits among scenic view while soaking up nature vibes..
The beauty of camping lies not only within observing natural settings as well as enjoying a chance to disconnect from the hustle and bustle of the city but also in connecting with friends or family over shared experiences.
Therefore, Hickory Nut Mountain Campground is an ideal spot for making lasting memories. Whether you are hiking in the woods, swimming or just taking it easy next to your campfire. You will find something here that will inspire you to return year after year!
Step-by-Step: Finding the Perfect Campsite at Hickory Nut Mountain Campground
Are you itching for adventure and longing to escape the hustle and bustle of city life? Then you might want to add Hickory Nut Mountain Campground to your list of go-to places! Nestled among towering trees and pristine lakes, this haven in the woods is the perfect place to pitch a tent, light a campfire, and immerse yourself in nature’s bounty.
But before you can start planning what marshmallows to roast or which hiking trails to take, first things first: finding the perfect campsite. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to score prime real estate at Hickory Nut Mountain Campground.
1. Determine your needs – Before you start scouring the internet for available sites, assess your camping requirements first. Do you prefer a spot close to water or one that offers more seclusion? Do you need electricity or are you ready to rough it out without any modern amenities? Having a clear idea of what matters most will help narrow down your options.
2. Check availability – Once you have an idea of what kind of site will suit your needs, head over to Hickory Nut Mountain Campground’s website or give them a call directly. Make sure they have availability for the dates that work best for you.
3. Choose your type of site– Hickory Nut Mountain offers various types of sites including primitive tent sites, RV sites with full hook-ups (electricity/water/sewage), premium RV sites with more space and shade trees, and cabin rentals. There’s something for everyone! Choose wisely according to budget and preferences.
4. Select location preferences– Combing through the campground map can be overwhelming but fear not! Once again consider whether water views are important or would prefer shade during hot summer days. Some people like being near restrooms while others like being far away from common areas for more privacy.
5. Book early– Life is unpredictable but if possible try booking at least 2 months in advance during peak seasons, this ensures the availability of your preferred site.
6. Pay attention to the ground– inspecting your campsite upon arrival is crucial especially after rainfall. Look for low areas that may collect water, rocky surfaces or areas with a slope that may impede tent setup, and clear any debris on high traffic areas.
7. Respect nature! Hickory nut mountain campground takes pride in being part of nature so as a visitor do everything possible to maintain its beauty. Store food properly to avoid bears or other scavengers, adhere to fire safety instructions when constructing fires and always leave the environment better than when you found it.
Finding the perfect campsite requires a bit of preparation but once accomplished will make all of the difference in creating an unforgettable camping experience at Hickory Nut Mountain Campground. Happy Camping!!
Hickory Nut Mountain Campground FAQ: Everything You Need to Know Before You Go
Are you planning to hit the road and explore the beautiful countryside of North Carolina, but still pondering about where to pitch your tent or park your RV? Look no further than Hickory Nut Mountain Campground, nestled in the heart of the breathtaking Blue Ridge Mountains. As you gear up for an exciting outdoor adventure, we have put together a comprehensive FAQ list that covers all you need to know before visiting Hickory Nut Mountain Campground.
1. How do I make a reservation?
You can easily reserve your campsite online by our website or by calling our office at (828) 625-4014. We recommend reserving well in advance as popular weekends and holidays fill up quickly.
2. Is there electricity or water for sites?
Yes, each site has access to both electricity and water hookups. We offer full hook-up RV sites as well as primitive campsites for those looking for a more rustic experience.
3. What are the check-in/check-out times?
Check-in is at 1PM and Check-out is at noon on your departure day.
4. Are pets allowed?
We welcome furry family members but we do require that they remain leashed while outside of vehicles and cleaned up after promptly.
5. How far away is Asheville from the campground?
Asheville is just under an hour away from Hickory Nut Mountain Campground – perfect for a day trip!
6. What activities are available on-site?
Besides enjoying views of Chimney Rock State Park, enjoy a refreshing dip in our pool during hot summer days or take part in any one of our weekend activities such as movie nights, bingo, potluck dinners and much more!
7. What amenities are available on-site?
Our facilities include laundry rooms (for when nature gets muddy), clean restrooms/showers stalls (importantly!), volleyball & basketball courts, playground with swings/slides/monkey bars along with horseshoe pits & cornhole games.
8. Are there any hiking trails nearby?
Yes, Hickory Nut Gorge is known for its extensive trail network and the adjacent Chimney Rock State Park offers plenty of options for both novice and experienced hikers. The Rocky Broad River Trail (about 13 miles long) is a must-visit if you are looking to explore the spectacular gorge.
9. What about local attractions?
In addition to the natural beauty of the surrounding area, Hickory Nut Mountain Campground is conveniently located near some popular tourist spots including Chimney Rock Village, Lake Lure Beach Park and Chimney Rock State Park.
With this FAQ list in hand, you should have all your bases covered before making plans to visit Hickory Nut Mountain Campground. We hope to see you soon and share with you our warm hospitality amidst the stunning mountain scenery!
Top 5 Facts About Hickory Nut Mountain Campground That Will Make You Want to Visit Now
Are you looking for the ultimate camping experience that combines breathtaking scenery, modern amenities and endless adventure opportunities? Look no further than Hickory Nut Mountain Campground, a hidden gem nestled in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains. Here are the top 5 facts that will make you want to pack your bags and hit the road to this stunning destination:
1. Location, location, location: Hickory Nut Mountain Campground is located just a stone’s throw away from one of North Carolina’s most iconic landmarks: Chimney Rock State Park. This natural wonder features towering granite monoliths, cascading waterfalls and scenic hiking trails that offer panoramic views of the surrounding landscape. When you’re not exploring Chimney Rock, take advantage of other nearby attractions such as Lake Lure Beach and Water Park or The Biltmore Estate.
2. An outdoor lover’s paradise: Whether you’re an experienced hiker or just starting out on your outdoor adventures, there is something for everyone at Hickory Nut Mountain Campground. The campground offers easy access to miles of hiking and biking trails through lush forests and rugged mountainsides. Fishing enthusiasts can cast their lines in nearby streams and lakes while thrill-seekers can enjoy ziplining adventures or spelunking in local caves.
3. Modern amenities with a rustic feel: At Hickory Nut Mountain Campground, you’ll be able to enjoy all the comforts of home while still feeling connected to nature. Choose from a variety of campsites including full hook-up RV sites or tent sites nestled among towering trees. The campground also features clean bathrooms with hot showers, laundry facilities and even complimentary Wi-Fi for those who need to stay connected.
4. Exciting events year-round: No matter what time of year you visit, there is always something happening at Hickory Nut Mountain Campground. From live music performances to BBQ cook-offs and craft festivals – there’s never a dull moment! And if you’re visiting during the fall, make sure to check out the annual “Leaf Festival” in nearby Asheville where you can experience the vibrant colors of autumn while savoring local cuisine and shopping for handmade crafts.
5. A welcoming community: Perhaps one of the best things about Hickory Nut Mountain Campground is the sense of community that permeates throughout the grounds. Whether you’re chatting with fellow campers around a bonfire or sharing stories over a game of horseshoes, you’ll feel like part of an extended family. Plus, the friendly and knowledgeable staff are always on hand to help make your stay as memorable as possible.
In conclusion, if you’re looking for a unique camping experience that offers both natural beauty and modern amenities – look no further than Hickory Nut Mountain Campground! With its prime location, endless outdoor activities, exciting events and friendly community – it’s easy to see why visitors return year after year. So what are you waiting for? Book your stay today and discover all this hidden gem has to offer!
Exploring the Natural Wonders of Hickory Nut Mountain Campground and Surrounding Areas
Nestled in the heart of the North Carolina Blue Ridge Mountains, Hickory Nut Mountain Campground is a hidden gem for outdoor enthusiasts and adventure seekers alike. From breathtaking hikes to awe-inspiring waterfalls, this area offers some of the most beautiful natural wonders in the Eastern United States.
For starters, Chimney Rock State Park is an absolute must-visit location. Just a short drive from Hickory Nut Mountain Campground, this park boasts miles of hiking trails that wind through lush forests and offer stunning views of the surrounding mountains. The park’s crown jewel is undoubtedly Chimney Rock itself – a towering 315-foot monolith that has served as a landmark for centuries. Visitors can take an elevator or climb stairs to reach the top observation deck where they can marvel at panoramic views of Lake Lure and beyond.
Another spectacular natural wonder not to be missed is the nearby Hickory Nut Gorge, where you’ll find one of the highest waterfalls east of the Mississippi River – none other than Hickory Nut Falls itself. At 404 feet tall, this waterfall cascades down sheer granite cliffs into a tranquil pool below. Hikers can choose from two different trails that wind their way through old-growth forests before reaching this magnificent sight.
If you’re looking to add some thrilling adventures into your trip, then there’s no better place than Lake Lure Adventure Company located just minutes from Hickory Nut Mountain Campground. Here you’ll find an array of exciting offerings like zipline canopy tours that soar over tree canopies or off-road vehicle adventures exploring nearby mountain terrain.
Finally, after a day spent exploring all that Hickory Nut Mountain and its surrounding areas have to offer, make sure to head back to campsite for some much-needed rest and relaxation amidst nature’s beauty. Situated by a tranquil pond with picturesque views accompanied by luxurious campsites equipped with necessary amenities such as electricity and showers are really worth it.
Adventurers, hikers and those seeking moments away from crowded city life with picturesque scenery all around should pack their backpacks and head right now to Hickory Nut Mountain Campground where an extraordinary vacation awaits.
Beyond Camping: Other Fun Activities to Do While Staying at Hickory Nut Mountain Campground
When you think of a campground, the first activity that comes to mind for most people is camping. However, if you’re looking to switch up your usual camping routine or add some extra fun to your outdoor adventure, Hickory Nut Mountain Campground has plenty of other activities to offer.
One exciting option available at Hickory Nut is zip-lining! The campground has partnered with Canopy Ridge Farm to provide guests with an exhilarating ride through the treetops. Perfect for thrill-seekers and nature lovers alike, flying high above the forest canopy on a zip line is sure to create unforgettable memories.
For those who want a more mellow experience, consider renting kayaks from the campground to explore Lake Lure. With stunning mountain views and crystal-clear water, this picturesque lake provides plenty of opportunities for fishing and swimming as well. Or, if you prefer something a little more relaxed after hiking through miles of trails in Chimney Rock State Park or playing rounds at one of the area’s scenic golf courses (check out Apple Valley Golf Course!), simply lounge by the pool before winding down around a campfire beneath Hickory Nut’s starry night sky.
If you’re looking for something unique that combines both relaxation and excitement, try stand-up paddleboarding (SUP)! This hybrid sport combines elements of kayaking and surfing—balancing on a board while using a paddle to navigate across calm waters. Reserve your SUP rental ahead of your visit at Lake Lure Adventure Company located right inside our Campground.
What about those who crave adventure but would rather stay dry? There’s no need to worry because there are still plenty of outdoor activities suitable for them as well! Try horseback riding, cycling or take advantage of Hickory Nut’s sports areas which include basketball courts, cornhole boards & even horseshoe pits!
It’s clear that there’s much more than just camping waiting for guests at Hickory Nut Mountain Campground. From zip-lining to paddleboarding, kayaking and more, this destination is sure to meet the adventure-seeking needs of everyone in your group. But don’t forget- there’s always a time and place for relaxation too! So whether you’re looking to hike Chimney Rock, have some fun on Lake Lure or simply kick back by the campfire with stories of your new adventures—Hickory Nut Mountain Campground has something to offer everyone.
Table with useful data:
|Price per Night
Information from an expert: Hickory Nut Mountain Campground is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts looking to escape the daily grind. The campground features numerous campsites with both electric and water hookups, as well as clean bathhouses and a dump station. For those looking to explore the surrounding area, there are many hiking trails and scenic overlooks nearby, including Chimney Rock State Park just a short drive away. Overall, Hickory Nut Mountain Campground provides a great camping experience that combines modern amenities with natural beauty.
Hickory Nut Mountain Campground was established in the early 1970s and has been a popular camping destination for families and outdoor enthusiasts ever since.